Conquer Club

Clickable Maps :: Version 3.21

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:16 am

clapper011 wrote:ok but i am being asked over and over again to update this,yet i do update it everytime it asks :? halp.. :lol:

The latest version is 2.4

Go here and upgrade to that?

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/13824

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby jiminski on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:21 am

yeti_c wrote:
clapper011 wrote:ok but i am being asked over and over again to update this,yet i do update it everytime it asks :? halp.. :lol:

C.

nope, that doesn't work.
Captain jiminski

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:34 am

jiminski wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

nope, that doesn't work.

How many versions do you have installed (Right click on your monkey)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby clapper011 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 am

I did go right to the site to download and as jim said...doesn't work..still says i have 2.2 plus asks to download it again....
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:21 am

clapper011 wrote:I did go right to the site to download and as jim said...doesn't work..still says i have 2.2 plus asks to download it again....

Can you check to make sure you don't have more than one copy of Clickable maps?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby clapper011 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 am

ok i had 2 installed, took out the other one and moved it above bob script...now we shall see if that worked! thanks yeti;) you are great!

ps: so are you clickable map maker....... :oops:
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby jiminski on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 am

you are right Yeti!

It was the duplication of the Clickable script!
sorry should've checked!
Captain jiminski

Postby jiminski on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:25 am

clapper011 wrote:ok i had 2 installed, took out the other one and moved it above bob script...now we shall see if that worked! thanks yeti;) you are great!

ps: so are you clickable map maker....... :oops:

hehe no Ed is, Yet'he knows the script.
Captain jiminski

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 am

clapper011 wrote:ps: so are you clickable map maker....... :oops:

edTheMaster is...

I assume he must've done what I did and changed the namespace or the name of the script - so then it installs to a different location!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Dreadkiller on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:43 pm

When I try to install the newest version on this it does not work. I click the install script link and greasemonkey never finishes loading it. Where the monkey usually is it just has a loading symbol. Anyone have any ideas?
Sergeant 1st Class Dreadkiller

Postby edthemaster on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:10 pm

yeti_c wrote:
clapper011 wrote:ps: so are you clickable map maker....... :oops:

edTheMaster is...

I assume he must've done what I did and changed the namespace or the name of the script - so then it installs to a different location!!

C.

you are right again, c. the previous versions did not even have a namespace, and i forgot about the fact that adding it would cause everyone to have duplicate scripts. oops :oops: I put a big warning on the main post so hopefully it won't happen to too many more people... the biggest problem will be with the auto-update feature...
If you're not using Clickable Maps, you're wrong.
Sergeant 1st Class edthemaster

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:50 am

edthemaster wrote:
you are right again, c. the previous versions did not even have a namespace, and i forgot about the fact that adding it would cause everyone to have duplicate scripts. oops :oops: I put a big warning on the main post so hopefully it won't happen to too many more people... the biggest problem will be with the auto-update feature...

Yeah I did that one recently - DOH!!!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby jiminski on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:12 am

Hello mate,

I am having problems with miss-forts and miss-deploys.

The popup is not correct (often the countries are incorrect) but i can cope with that as long as i double check the destinations in the main boxes.

But i have had 3 missforts and an advance when i did not instruct it.

I put the first and even the second down to my mistake... so has anyone else had this problem or are my fingers too sausage-like!?

thanks,

jim
Captain jiminski

Postby edthemaster on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:07 am

jiminski wrote:Hello mate,

The popup is not correct (often the countries are incorrect) but i can cope with that as long as i double check the destinations in the main boxes.

I put the first and even the second down to my mistake... so has anyone else had this problem or are my fingers too sausage-like!?

thanks,

jim

well, the fact that your confirmations are incorrect worries me a little... i don't usually play with the confirmations turned on, so i haven't tested that piece as thoroughly, but i will turn them on for deploy/fortify/advance to see if i can recreate your problem. thanks for the heads up

ed

ps: if you turn confirmations for those actions off, do you still get the problem?

Postby jiminski on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 pm

edthemaster wrote:
jiminski wrote:Hello mate,

thanks,

jim

well, the fact that your confirmations are incorrect worries me a little... i don't usually play with the confirmations turned on, so i haven't tested that piece as thoroughly, but i will turn them on for deploy/fortify/advance to see if i can recreate your problem. thanks for the heads up

ed

ps: if you turn confirmations for those actions off, do you still get the problem?

I've only had one go.... but turning confirmations off seems to have solved the problem so far.
Captain jiminski

Postby jiminski on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:40 pm

Oh man! sorry buddy i am turning this off..

It just made me missdeploy 99 troops into no mans land .. worst thing is i am playing for Comic boy!

sheese... I checked it: fort Puerto Esperanto 3 times ... and it sent the troops to somewhere random .. i even used the main boxes not the 'click' to do it. (i had just turned confirm end phase .. hehe so i would not make any mistakes)
Captain jiminski

Postby edthemaster on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 pm

jiminski wrote:Oh man! sorry buddy i am turning this off..

It just made me missdeploy 99 troops into no mans land .. worst thing is i am playing for Comic boy!

sheese... I checked it: fort Puerto Esperanto 3 times ... and it sent the troops to somewhere random .. i even used the main boxes not the 'click' to do it. (i had just turned confirm end phase .. hehe so i would not make any mistakes)

ok, do you have only one clickable maps installed? if you right-click the monkey in the bottom-right corner while in a game, there should only be one clickable maps (and only one of any other scripts you may have installed) in the list that pops up.

also, when using clickable maps, do NOT use the normal buttons/controls! i know it should work either way, but using the normal controls is buggy, whereas clicking the map is what has been the most tested is the most reliable (i use it all the time and i have not seen anything remotely like what you are describing...)

one more thing: do you have confirmations turned for both bob and clickable maps at the same time? if, for example, you have "confirm deploy" turned on for both scripts, then weird things happen...

Postby jiminski on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Sorry Ed, I hope i was not anything but showing of respect for your Script, it is a brilliant addition but having had a couple of blips i find it tricky to trust.

I do often like to use the 'confirm' options to be secure, I have gained a habit for it.

So i will turn it off for now.

Cheers,

Jim.
Captain jiminski

Postby edthemaster on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:39 pm

jiminski wrote:Sorry Ed, I hope i was not anything but showing of respect for your Script, it is a brilliant addition but having had a couple of blips i find it tricky to trust.

I do often like to use the 'confirm' options to be secure, I have gained a habit for it.

So i will turn it off for now.

Cheers,

Jim.

no problem, jim. of course i hope that everyone will find the script as useful as possible, and i hope you will have better luck with the next version--should you decide to give it another go.

happy conquering,
ed

ps: if you do decide to try using the script again, please incorporate carefully the suggestions from my last post... :wink:

Postby icedagger on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:20 pm

I'd like to start by saying I've been using your script for a while now, and aside from a few blips its generally been very good.

However, recently I've run into a bit of trouble with it. When deploying, it delpoys one army, no matter how many I've selected, and the pop-up boxes are often wrong. This happens with confirmations on or off. I only have one version of the script installed, and my only other addon is BOB. Since no one else has reported this it might just be me doing something wrong, but help would be appreciated :P

Cheers, Icedagger
Major icedagger

Postby hecter on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 pm

icedagger wrote:I'd like to start by saying I've been using your script for a while now, and aside from a few blips its generally been very good.

However, recently I've run into a bit of trouble with it. When deploying, it delpoys one army, no matter how many I've selected, and the pop-up boxes are often wrong. This happens with confirmations on or off. I only have one version of the script installed, and my only other addon is BOB. Since no one else has reported this it might just be me doing something wrong, but help would be appreciated :P

Cheers, Icedagger

If you look under the side menu, under "Controls", look at the bottom one. Be sure it's set to "Right - 1 Left - Selected" or something like that...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:44 pm

hecter wrote:
icedagger wrote:I'd like to start by saying I've been using your script for a while now, and aside from a few blips its generally been very good.

Cheers, Icedagger

If you look under the side menu, under "Controls", look at the bottom one. Be sure it's set to "Right - 1 Left - Selected" or something like that...

right, one of your mouse buttons is set to always deploy one army, while the other is set to deploy whatever amount you select with the mouse wheel, etc. you can change which button does what under the 'controls...' menu (it's the last option in the list under 'controls')

Postby Wwoody123 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:39 am

Thanks for the update! If I could make one suggestion for the next release it would be a hotkey to refresh the page ('r,' perhaps?) -- would come in useful for speed freestyle games.
Major Wwoody123

Postby edthemaster on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Wwoody123 wrote:Thanks for the update! If I could make one suggestion for the next release it would be a hotkey to refresh the page ('r,' perhaps?) -- would come in useful for speed freestyle games.

sure, that should be no problem. i will add a refresh hotkey to the next version.

Postby fireedud on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the army count doesn't show if you're deploying on your teammates.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives