Conquer Club

Clickable Maps :: Version 3.21

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:16 am

Twill wrote:ed, odd little bug.

When I press a number to select armies for deploy/advance, I seem to get the wrong number (usually 2 or 4) a lot of the time. I havn't been able to reproduce this yet...any thoughts on what I might try?

Twill

that's what I noted earlier. you have to click the territory from which you want to fortify first then you can usually get the right number.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby edthemaster on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:56 am

ParadiceCity9 wrote:
Twill wrote:ed, odd little bug.

When I press a number to select armies for deploy/advance, I seem to get the wrong number (usually 2 or 4) a lot of the time. I havn't been able to reproduce this yet...any thoughts on what I might try?

Twill

that's what I noted earlier. you have to click the territory from which you want to fortify first then you can usually get the right number.

thanks, dice, i think you must be right because as of yet i am unable to recreate the problem.

i can tell you for certain that you must click the territory you are fortifying from before you try to select the number of armies because the script has an added feature of not letting you try to fortify more armies than are available in the country you are fortifying from--something that you *are* allowed to do if you are *not* running the script (you will just get an "illegal fortification" error if you try).

the only thing that doesn't make sense is that this bug would also occur while advancing... twill, can you confirm that this happens while advancing, too?
Sergeant 1st Class edthemaster

Postby rebelman on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:43 am

edthemaster wrote:
rebelman wrote:just added this script but would love a step by step guide as to how to use it if someone could post it here

thanks in advance

rebelman, after having the script installed for a while, do you now understand how to use it, or would you still like a step-by-step guide?

i ask because i tried to make things as intuitive as possible so that instructions would hopefully be unnecessary, but if people feel that instructions would be helpful i will be happy to create them.

:?: what does everyone think? :?:

i removed it today love the concept but have several issues with it - im not sure if there are caused by bugs or my ignorance of how it works but as of now i reckon im better without it.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby rebelman on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:46 am

bfore i uninstalled it i was experiencing the same problem as twill
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby edthemaster on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 pm

rebelman wrote:
edthemaster wrote:
rebelman wrote:just added this script but would love a step by step guide as to how to use it if someone could post it here

thanks in advance

rebelman, after having the script installed for a while, do you now understand how to use it, or would you still like a step-by-step guide?

i ask because i tried to make things as intuitive as possible so that instructions would hopefully be unnecessary, but if people feel that instructions would be helpful i will be happy to create them.

:?: what does everyone think? :?:

i removed it today love the concept but have several issues with it - im not sure if there are caused by bugs or my ignorance of how it works but as of now i reckon im better without it.

can you tell me what issues you were experiencing? i can't improve the script if i don't know what problems people are having with it.

btw, i don't think the bug twill was experiencing is a bug at all--you just have to select the territory you are going to fortify from before you can select the number of armies. i think this problem is more a result of not having instructions--which i have decided will go ahead and create in version 2.3.

Postby rebelman on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:15 pm

edthemaster wrote:
can you tell me what issues you were experiencing? i can't improve the script if i don't know what problems people are having with it.

btw, i don't think the bug twill was experiencing is a bug at all--you just have to select the territory you are going to fortify from before you can select the number of armies. i think this problem is more a result of not having instructions--which i have decided will go ahead and create in version 2.3.

ok from memory these are the issues i had

i was being double asked questions at the end of each move ( i also have the latest version of bob)

the question usually said "undefined"

after i had already forted it asked me again and again would i fort

i was unable to use clickable maps for forting except when i was forting the maximum

the same problem with advancing troops

it seemed to corrupt standard messages from yeti bob

it was difficult deploying to multiple locations

it seemed totally confused by the deployment of deferred armies

a lot of these errors may be because of my ignorance of this script but some seem like genuine errors/bugs hence my decison to uninstall
Private rebelman

Postby edthemaster on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:00 pm

rebelman wrote:
edthemaster wrote:

ok from memory these are the issues i had

i was being double asked questions at the end of each move ( i also have the latest version of bob)

this is because clickable maps comes with its own set of confirmations which are turned on by default--so you must have had bob's confirmations turned on at the same time.

any or all confirmations can be turned off from the clickable maps "confirmations..." submenu

the question usually said "undefined"

i haven't seen this happen to me yet, but i'm almost sure that if you only have the confirmations enabled for one script it will probably go away. if you choose to try installing clickable maps again, and this still happens, please let me know

after i had already forted it asked me again and again would i fort

same as first two problems: confirmations were turned on for both scripts
i was unable to use clickable maps for forting except when i was forting the maximum

under the menu, you can either set up hotkeys that you can use to increase/decrease the number of armies you want to fortify, or you can choose to use the mouse wheel to increase/decrease armies. look under the "controls..." submenu

the same problem with advancing troops

same as above
it seemed to corrupt standard messages from yeti bob

again, i cant be absolutely sure, but i would be willing to bet that it is related to confirmations again
it was difficult deploying to multiple locations

i'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can only deploy on one territory at a time. you can configure the script to deploy only one army if you left-click, and the selected number of armies if you right-click, or vice-versa
it seemed totally confused by the deployment of deferred armies

this is a bona-fide bug, and i am working on a fix. in the meantime deferred armies have to be deployed the old-fashioned way

a lot of these errors may be because of my ignorance of this script but some seem like genuine errors/bugs hence my decison to uninstall

rebel, thank you for taking the time to write this post, and i will use your feedback while writing detailed instructions on how to use the script.

one more thing, if you hover over a territory with your mouse for a second--without moving your mouse--a tooltip will pop up telling you what click (left or right) will do what

i hope this helps,
ed

Postby rebelman on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:58 pm

thanks for the above advice ed i will give it another go over the next few days and will let you know how i get on having taken on board your suggestions above.
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Just had a scan through your code...

Looks good - by the way - In BOB there is a different way of saving the option data...

Code: Select all
function deserialize(name, def)
{
  return eval(GM_getValue(name, (def || '({})')));
}

function serialize(name, val)
{
  GM_setValue(name, uneval(val));
}

Probably a bit safer & easier than cookie stuff?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby edthemaster on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:42 pm

yeti_c wrote:Just had a scan through your code...

Looks good - by the way - In BOB there is a different way of saving the option data...

{
}

{
}

C.

yeah, i looked at that "serialize" stuff when i started writing clickable maps, and i understand it, i just thought cookies were easier.

why do you say serialization would be safer?

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:53 pm

edthemaster wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Just had a scan through your code...

{
}

{
}

C.

yeah, i looked at that "serialize" stuff when i started writing clickable maps, and i understand it, i just thought cookies were easier.

why do you say serialization would be safer?

Cookies are often deleted, and people may get the wrong idea or w/e...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:20 pm

hecter wrote:Cookies are often deleted, and people may get the wrong idea or w/e...

That and people often have cookies set to block - whereas if they've installed GM - then it's gonna be 99% likely that they've not blocked the GM_Setvalue stuff...

C.

PS feel free to rip that code - StocksR wrote it - I borrowed it.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:40 am

ok reinstalled it following your advice above now its working sweet - i am now ready to be a speed freestyle pts terrorist. :twisted:
Private rebelman

Postby edthemaster on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 am

rebelman wrote:ok reinstalled it following your advice above now its working sweet - i am now ready to be a speed freestyle pts terrorist. :twisted:

lol... glad to hear it :D

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:45 pm

I reinstalled the old CM (version 1.0)..i like it more (: except is there any way you can make it so that whole 'e' controversy isn't an issue with that script?
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby hecter on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:24 pm

ParadiceCity9 wrote:I reinstalled the old CM (version 1.0)..i like it more (: except is there any way you can make it so that whole 'e' controversy isn't an issue with that script?

Post the code in Greasy Monkeys forum and I'll see about getting rid of that function all together.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:09 am

I'm not sure - but I suspect that this script may go wrong with the new XML update.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby edthemaster on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:57 am

yeti_c wrote:I'm not sure - but I suspect that this script may go wrong with the new XML update.

C.

do you know what the updated entailed? i've played a few games over the last couple days with no problems...
Last edited by edthemaster on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
If you're not using Clickable Maps, you're wrong.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:58 am

edthemaster wrote:
yeti_c wrote:I'm not sure - but I suspect that this script may go wrong with the new XML update.

C.

do you know what the updated entailed? i've played a few games over the last couple days with no problems...

See post in Greasy Monkeys.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Stegura on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Quite simply, my 'clicks' no longer work. Clicking on the map does nothing... The script is still installed, and enabled. Any ideas?
Major Stegura

Postby hecter on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Stegura wrote:Quite simply, my 'clicks' no longer work. Clicking on the map does nothing... The script is still installed, and enabled. Any ideas?

Lack changed the xml, so this script isn't going to work.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Twill on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:25 am

the rumour is this is being updated to work with the new XML in the site update.

Be patient :)
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby soundout9 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:34 pm

So is this not working? that sucks because i used this alot
Private soundout9

Postby edthemaster on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:29 pm

version 2.4 now available. (this one works with the new XML format.)
If you're not using Clickable Maps, you're wrong.

Postby clapper011 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 am

ok but i am being asked over and over again to update this,yet i do update it everytime it asks :? halp.. :lol:
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives