Conquer Club

Beta Maps Champion II [Winner stealth99]

Tournaments Completed in 2015.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Beta Maps Champion II [FULL - Awaiting Privs]

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:30 am

osok68 wrote:that coming soon-thing is allready trippy on its own,great work!!!

Thanks, strange you should say that given the latest addition:

Coming Soon

;)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Re: Beta Maps Champion II [Initial Phase]

Postby I Pooborg on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:00 am

Group C is done with our matches
Sergeant 1st Class I Pooborg

Postby stealth99 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:05 am

I believe you may have worded your 10 hour rule incorrectly TK and I wanted to bring this to your attention so that you can correct it and avoid potential controversy before it occurs.

You state the following in the drop down for the 10 hour rule:

Teflon Kris wrote:The competitor who goes first in round 1 must either wait 10 hours before taking their turn, or inform their opponent(s) in game chat of any regions conquered during their first move, and where from. Failure to do either will mean the competitor in question is unable to score any points in the game.

The Fog rule will not apply in the final stage as no advantage can be gained through its violation.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you not simply asking the "speedy" player to provide the information that was missed by his opponent? However, telling him what you attacked and where you attacked from is NOT the information that is missing and is NOT the information that is normally provided in this situation.

In fog, your opponent would only know where you attacked from if he could previously see you AND there was only one possible location to have attacked from. It is not information that is in the log and not information that your opponent is entitled to for missing a snap unless you as a T.O. are intending something weird to occur in this Tourney. There are some instances where you would NOT have to tell your opponent where you attacked from.

The information your opponent is entitled to is exactly what he could "SEE" prior to you taking your turn.

EXAMPLE: Using Classic Map consider that I take the first turn by making a single attack on my opponent in Dakar from Sao Paulo. This is what I would say to my opponent:

You owned Dakar. From there you could see that Madrid and Istanbul were owned by me, Cairo was Neutral, Nairobi was owned by me and Lagos was Neutral.

This is everything I need to say unless my opponent does not own any terts in South America. If he doesn't, then I also have to tell my opponent that I own Sao Paulol BUT, I do not need to tell him where the attack came from.

If I as well have been confusing, please accept my apology and fire away any questions by pm or right here in the thread with a pm so I won't miss them and inadvertently ignore you. If you would like me to write a "suggested" wording for that rule that you can use or modify, just ask and I'll pm it to you.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Good post, I agree, feel free to suggest alternative wording, although, unless you can get all your oppenents to agree, it will only take effect in the future.

:)

Tournament Update

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Final Phase Commencing 8-)

Postby stealth99 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:24 pm

Teflon Kris wrote:Good post, I agree, feel free to suggest alternative wording, although, unless you can get all your oppenents to agree, it will only take effect in the future.

:)

Hey Kris, firstly, it's cool that you are so open about receiving suggestions. It's the way things get perfected, but many view this stuff as criticisms. Not so. Thank you.

Secondly, if you want an example of wording that I believe covers off the situation, you can use the wording I used in the Tourney I am getting going now. Here is the Tourney link if you want to see everything I did on this subject:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=209271

And here is the wording:

stealth99 wrote:If you start the game first, you must choose one of the following:

A - Wait 12 hours to take your first turn (or until opponent has advised you that he has seen the map)
B- Take the turn immediately and then provide your opponent with the information that he can no longer see. It is NOT necessary to relay where you attacked to and from. Your opponent needs to know everything that could be seen prior to you taking your turn.

I hope it helps. Pm me if you have questions please as I don't often come back to tourney threads unless there is something of interest (like receiving 4 games with the header "final round").

There is another very important point for you and all T.O.'s to consider when including a 12 hour rule in their tourneys. When players open up their games going from one to another, the 12 Hour Rule is not something that is often front and center in their thoughts. When there is a 12 hour rule, it is quite often innocently missed by players with perfect intentions. When that happens it can get sticky because you then have to impose a penalty on a guy just innocently going about his business in your tourney. To avoid these innocent errors, it was suggested to me (and I believe it should be a rule for T.O.'s to have to do this) to include in my game headers, when I create each game, the words, "12 Hour Rule". That way before anyone opens up any game from my tourney, it will be very clear to them to be alert for this rule.

Simple but can prevent a disaster.

Thanks for running a great tourney and I hope to play in many more of yours. Cheers mate.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Re: Beta Maps Champion II [Final Phase]

Postby stealth99 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Thanks for the update TK. I am in favor or continuing with a 5 game final or I will agree to reduce it to 4 or 3 games if there is agreement for either. In fact I would not be a lone hold out that prevents any change the group wants to make.
Cook stealth99

Tournament Update

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:42 pm

I Pooborg kicked-out for blatantly missing invites 8-)

Tournament Result

Postby Teflon Kris on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Congratulations to the Winner - stealth99

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Previous

Return to Completed 2015